Thank you for visiting NauticStarBoats.com, which is owned and operated by NauticStar, LLC (“NauticStar”). Protecting the privacy of visitors to our site is very important to us, and we have undertaken the necessary steps to protect personal information.
We are committed to collecting, maintaining, and securing personal information about you in accordance with this policy, as well as applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
Types of Information Collected and Used
NauticStar may collect and use three types of information from you online:
- “Personal Information” means information about an identified or identifiable person, including a person’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or other identifying information.
- “Automatically Collected Data” includes information collected automatically through your use of our website and/or other electronic communications with NauticStar, including IP addresses, originating domain names, and data regarding the date, time, and length of use of a website.
- “Aggregate Data” means aggregated statistical information about Automatically Collected Data (e.g. number of website users within a particular geographic area or time period, average time spent on this website, etc.), which does not include any personal identifiers.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
How we collect personal information
We may collect Personal Information about you through certain forms available on this website in connection with (a) comments that you submit, (b) your requests for product samples or quotes, (c) your requests for information on careers with NauticStar or how to become a NauticStar distributor, (d) your purchase of NauticStar products (e.g. apparel), and (e) and any other forms that may appear or transactions that may occur through this website in connection with legally authorized marketing, operational, and financial activities of NauticStar. We also may collect Personal Information through social media platforms that you connect to or interact with through our website or our social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.).
How we use personal information
We may use Personal Information collected through this site:
- To better understand your needs and to respond to your requests for information;
- To help us improve our products and services, as well as this website;
- To communicate with you and to fulfill transactions with you (e.g. product purchases) and other legitimate business purposes (e.g. interactions with current or potential distributors);
- To interact with you through this website, through email, or through social media; and
- To provide you with information or updates about our products, promotions, or this website, as well as other information that you might find useful or interesting;
Disclosure of personal information
We may share Personal Information:
- With our business partners and affiliates for legitimate business purposes;
- With our sales representatives and distributors who market or sell NauticStar products;
- With third parties (e.g. technicians, credit card processors) who perform services on our behalf;
- In connection with the sale, assignment, or other transfer of our business;
- In response to a subpoena or other legal process, or lawful requests of government agencies or where required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations; and
- When needed for corporate audits or to investigate or respond to a complaint or security threat.
Your Choice Regarding Personal Information
NauticStar only collects your Personal Information if you choose to give it to us. We will not sell or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any unaffiliated businesses for direct marketing or other commercial purposes unless we provide clear notice to you and obtain your consent for your Personal Information to be shared in this manner. You also have the choice of opting out of receiving emails from us by following the instructions in such emails to remove yourself from distribution lists. You also may request access, correction, or deletion of your Personal Information in our records by sending an email or letter with your name and contact information to NauticStar at the contact information provided below. NauticStar will use reasonable efforts to respond in a timely manner to such requests that we receive.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to secure Personal Information, and we will take reasonable precautions to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, NauticStar makes no guarantee and disclaims all liability and damages caused by such occurrences. Information transmitted via the Internet or e-mail is not 100% secure. Therefore, you should use caution when submitting Personal Information. You are responsible to take necessary precautions to protect Personal Information you submit, such as using a secure browser and connection and using up-to-date anti-virus software.
Our online store available on this website also may be used to collect Personal Information to process and complete transactions with you. For terms and conditions governing your access to and use of our online store as well as the collection and processing of credit card and other payment information, please refer to our Terms and Conditions of Use, which are incorporated by reference.
We do not knowingly collect through this website sensitive information that reveals race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or a person’s criminal background, health, or sex life. We ask that you withhold such information from us entirely.
Data Processed and Stored in the US
This website and the servers that are used to host and operate this website may be located in the United States. If you are outside the U.S., you acknowledge and agree that your information may be sent to and processed in the U.S. You also understand that the U.S. may not provide you with the same level of privacy rights or protections as the laws of your country.
Collection and Use of Automatically Collected Data and Aggregate Data
What automatic and aggregate data is collected
This website utilizes Google Analytics and other Google properties, which gathers Automatically Collected Data and generates Aggregate Data whenever you interact with this site. Such information might include:
- how often you visit our site;
- how long you were on our site;
- the location from which you accessed the site;
- what pages you visited, what search terms you used; and
- the website that you were on just before visiting our site.
- Google Analytics collects the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, but does not collect your name, email address, or other Personal Information. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. IP addresses allow computers and servers to recognize and communicate with each other. Google Analytics may use your IP address to track the pages that you visit, your general location, and other information listed above. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with Personal Information.
How automatic and aggregate data is collected
Google Analytics uses tracking technologies such as cookies and web beacons to gather information about your use of and interaction with this website. A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored automatically on your computer when you access certain websites. Google Analytics uses both session ID cookies (which expire after you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which remain on your computer after accessing a website). A “web beacon,” also known as an “action tag” or “clear GIF technology,” is an object embedded on a web page to check whether a user has accessed certain content.
How we use automatic and aggregate data
We may use Automatically Collected Data and Aggregate Data:
- to measure and analyze how visitors access and interact with our website;
- to improve the content, efficiency, and usability of our website.
- to analyze and to improve upon our own marketing efforts.
This website is not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect information from such children. If you are a parent or guardian who believes we have Personal Information about your child, please contact us using the contact information below. NauticStar takes protection of children very seriously and strives to comply with all relevant laws, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) and all FTC rules and regulations under COPPA. To learn more about how to protect your child online, visit the FTC’s website.
E-mail an Acquaintance
This site may contain pages on which you can choose to send a link or a message to an acquaintance referring them to this site. E-mail addresses you provide for an acquaintance will be used to send your friend information on your behalf and will not be collected or used by NauticStar or other third parties for any other purpose
Links to Other Sites
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83(c)(2), we do not share Personal Information of our customers or those who submit it through this website with any unaffiliated company for direct marketing use unless such customers or website users elect that we do so.
You may send any questions or concerns regarding these Terms and Conditions, or any comments or other inquiries regarding this website, to the following:
Attn: Website Inquiry
PO Box 26
Amory, Mississippi 38821
The effective date of these Terms and Conditions is January 1, 2017.