- Premium solid color upholstery upgrade
- Mocha/Camel SeaDek® in gunnel rod holders
- Aft SeaDek® Mocha/Camel
- New style YETI® cooler slide
- Acrylic transom walk-thru gate
- Single 1″ silver boot stripe
- SeaDek® color change to Mocha/Camel
- Ocean® LED underwater lights option
UNRIVALED IN QUALITY. PERFORMANCE. FISHABILITY.
The NauticStar 28XS Offshore is a serious fishing boat that doubles as a great family friendly pleasure boat.
The 28XS is 28’4” long and 9’8” wide center console. The hull design is 21 degrees deadrise at the transom for stability at rest and 50 degrees at the bow providing a soft ride in rougher waters. The extreme bow flair allows for more comfort and displaces the water away from the passengers. The hull also has a reverse chine that helps the boat plane quickly, giving it more lift for a high and dry ride.Read More...
Yamaha Marine* has tested the 28XS and has published some very exciting performance numbers. Powered with Twin four stroke 250XCA’s, the boat planed in an amazing 3.01 seconds and had a top speed of 56.5 mph, with a fuel burn of 13.1 gph at cruise. Zero to 30 mph was a quick 4.86 seconds.
For ease of boarding, there is a portside ladder, molded in swim platform and walk-thru transom door. Built into the aft deck are an 80 gallon insulated fish box and a 25-gallon baitwell outside of the aft cockpit. The aft fold down bench seat ensures plenty of fishing room in the cockpit.
Mid-ship, the captain’s station, includes a leaning post with baitwell, bait station with fresh water sink, and a Yeti cooler with slide out. The helm seat is equipped with 4 “rocket launchers,” flip up seat bolsters and fold-down armrest. There is also storage below in the captain’s station for the house batteries.
The console is standard with Yamaha 6YC digital gauges, Infinity® PRV350 Bluetooth stereo, flush mount compass, lighted drink holders and plenty of room for flush mounting electronics.
A powder-coated fiberglass T-Top with LED lighting, waterproof stereo speakers and an electronic box is included. The interior cockpit has LED lighting for night cruising and fishing.
Inside the large lighted head console is a china toilet with holding tank and discharge, fresh water shower with sink and a make up mirror.
Moving to the bow of the 28 XS there is an access door to a large under floor storage area.
The bow area has very comfortable seating with flip out bow backrest and dual under-seat insulated fish boxes with overboard drains.
To complete this fully equipped 28 footer is a stainless steel thru-hull windless with rode and anchor.
CLICK FOR DETAILS | DOWNLOAD / PRINT (PDF)
|Length||28' 4" / 8.64 M|
|Beam||9' 8" / 2.95 M|
|Maximum HP - Twin||600 HP / 447kW|
[twin 300 HP / 224 kW]
|Transom Height||30" (at center line) / 0.76 M|
|Approximate Draft||20" / 0.51 M|
|Deadrise @ Transom||21°|
|Deadrise @ Entry||50°|
(w/ Fiberglass T-Top)
|8' 2" / 2.49 M|
|Approximate Boat Weight||5850 lb / 2654 KG|
|*Fuel Capacity||200 Gal / 757 L|
|Bow Fish Boxes (2)||30 Gal/Ea. / 114 L|
|Aft Fish Box||80 Gal / 303 L|
|Aft Port Baitwell||25 Gal / 95 L|
|Leaning Post Baitwell||22 Gal / 83 L|
|Fresh Water Capacity||13 Gal / 49 L|
|Persons/Total Weight||Yacht Certified|
|Max. Weight Capacity||Yacht Certified|
Note: Draft and bridge clearance may change depending on motor selection, amount of fuel, and gear added. *The usable fuel capacity will be affected by factors such as EPA-required fuel system components, temperature, and boat loading which may reduce the usable fuel capacity by 10%.
Tab for Photos
Some photos may include optional features.
Tab for Features
- Wood Free Construction
- Limited Lifetime Hull Warranty
- Vinyl Ester Barrier Coat
- One-Piece Fiberglass Stringer System
- Self-Bailing Cockpit with Molded Non Skid
- RTM Fiberglass Lids
- Fuel Water Separator (Standard on Yamaha motors)
- Control Box Pre-Rig (standard on all boat/motor packages)
- Aft Insulated Fish Box - 80 Gal.
- Dual Insulated Fish Boxes Fwd with Overboard Drain - 30 Gal/Ea.
- Raw Water High Pressure Washdown
- In-Floor Storage
- Transhield® Shipping Wrap
- Chrome 3D NauticStar Logo
- Baitwell with Recirculation & Light
- Easy Access 3-Battery Storage
- Sink with Cutting Board
- 2 Tackle Storage Systems
- Knife & Pliers Storage
- 65 Qt. YETI® Cooler with Slide-Out System
- Brass Thru-Hull High Speed Aerator Pickups
- Aft Recirculation Pump - 500 GPH
- Aerator Pump - 800 GPH with Timer
- Stainless Steel Latches
- Powder Coated Recessed SS Bow Rails
- Stainless Steel Rub Rail
- Stainless Steel 4-Step Ladder
- Stainless Steel Drink Holders - 10
- Stainless Steel Rod Holders - 6
- Powder Coated Rocket Launcher Rod Holders - 8
- Recessed Gunnel Rod Storage with SS Toe Rail
- 8" Stainless Steel Pull-Up Cleats - 6
- Brass Shut Off Ball Valves
- Integrated Windlass with SS Anchor (15 ft. Chain, 200 ft. Rope)
- Fully Fiberglass Lined Interior with SeaDek® Flooring
- Integrated Powder Coated Fiberglass T-Top (Black or White)
- Vented Window In-Console
- Pressurized Freshwater Sink & Shower - 13 Gal.
- Stainless Steel Schmitt Steering Wheel
- Helm Station with Area for 2 Large Chart Plotters
- Infinity® PRV350 Stereo w/ Bluetooth, Preset Capability & 4 Speakers
- SeaDek® on Console Top
- Flush Mount Compass
- Helm Anti-Fatigue Mat
- Power Assist Steering
- China Toilet with Holding Tank & Discharge
- Premium Captain's Seating with Flip-up Bolsters & Folding Armrests and Footrest
- Powder Coated Backrest with Rod Holders
- Dual Forward Console Seating with Arm Rests
- Bow Seating with Cushions & Bolsters
- Flip-Out Bow Back Rests
- Recessed Folding Aft Seating
- Cockpit Bolsters
- Syntec Vinyl with Nano-Block Stain Protection
- Circuit Breaker Protection
- Stainless Steel Lighted Pushbutton Switch Panel
- Dual Battery Switch & Panel
- Deutsch® Electrical Connectors
- Yamaha 6YC Digital Gauge
- Auto Bilge Pump - 1100 GPH
- Manual Bilge Pump - 1200 GPH
- Lenco® Trim Tabs with LED Indicator Switch
- LED Navigation and Courtesy Lights
- LED Underwater Lights
- LED Livewell Light
Tab for Options
- Yamaha Pre-Rigged Dual Engine Mechanical Controls
- Fuel Water Separator (1 per motor)
- Dual Engine Stainless Steel Prop
- SIMRAD® Go9 9" Touchscreen Fishfinder/ Chartplotter w/B60 20° transducer
- SIMRAD® NSS12 EVO3 12" Touchscreen Fishfinder/Chartplotter w/B60 20° transducer
- Dual SIMRAD® NSS12 EVO3 12" Touchscreen Fishfinder/Chartplotter w/B60 20° transducer
- SIMRAD® StructureScan (Avail. w/NSS Units Only)
- Teleflex OPTIMUS fly-by-wire Steering System
- SIMRAD® Autopilot (Must also upgrade to OPTIMUS Steering System #1103)
- Blackout Dash Package (Single)*
- Blackout Dash Package (Dual)*
*Blackout Dash Packages include flush-mount, black acrylic electronics panel, single or dual SIMRAD® NSS12 EVO3 12" touchscreen fishfinder/chartplotters.
- Mid-Ship Filler Bolster Coaming Panels
- Bow Filler and Table
- Fiberglass T-Top Two-Tone Color Option (Underside)(Specify Color)
- Hull Color - Upcharge
- Hull Bottom Color - Upcharge
Tab for Video
Tab for Colors
Tab for Performance Bulletins
Yamaha Outboard Performance Bulletins provide in-depth performance information on the NauticStar boat and engine combinations listed below. Click on the links below to download a PDF of the Performance Bulletins.
- 28XS with F200XB / LF200XB with YAMAHA Reliance® Series Prop
- 28XS with F250XCA / LF250XCA with YAMAHA Saltwater Series II™
- 28XS with F300XCA / LF300XCA with YAMAHA Saltwater Series II™
Notice to Consumer: The information and data contained in this Performance Bulletin is approximate and subject to many different factors and variables. It is provided as a guideline only and should not be relied upon as representative of actual performance. Your boat’s performance may be different than the information contained in this Performance Bulletin due to various factors, including your boat’s actual weight, wind and water conditions, temperature, humidity, elevation, bottom paint, boat options affecting wind/water drag and/or boat weight, and operator ability. Please confirm the specifications and performance data on your specific boat/engine combination with your dealer prior to purchase. Please also keep in mind that the data contained in this Performance Bulletin may or may not have been performed using Yamaha PowerMatched components. Yamaha reserves the right to change the specifications and performance data of this Performance Bulletin or engine without notice. This document contains many of Yamaha’s valuable trademarks. It may also contain trademarks belonging to other companies. Any references to other companies or their products are for identification purposes only, and are not intended to be an endorsement.
Premium Helm SeatingPremium Llbroc captain's seating features flip-up bolsters, folding armrest, and stylish upholstered "leather-touch" seats. There is also a new folding footrest.
Blackout Package OptionHelm and console shown with optional Blackout Package which includes a flush-mount black acrylic electronics panel with 2-SIMRAD® 12-inch multi-touch widescreen chartplotter/sonar combo system. The matching black acrylic switch panel features new lighted stainless steel pushbutton switches (standard).
Transom Fish Box & Baitwell80 gallon rear insulated fish box, 25 gallon baitwell, walk-thru transom door with stainless steel 4-step ladder, stainless steel floor drains, and in-floor hatch.
Aft Flip-down Bench SeatAft on the 28XS is a flip-up/flip-down upholstered bench seat. Below it is a system access hatch.
Ample Bow StorageBelow the bow cushions there are dual 30 gallon fish boxes/storage compartments with overboard drains.
Spacious BowThe spacious bow features comfortable seating with cushions and bolsters (shown with optional bow filler and table) and ample storage--with 30 gallon port and new on 2018's, starboard fish boxes with 316 grade stainless steel latches.
|Length: 18' 7"||Length: 20' 3"||Length: 20' 3"||Length: 22' 3"||Length: 22' 3"||Length: 22' 3"||Length: 25' 0"||Length: 25' 0"||Length: 28' 4"|
|Beam: 96"||Beam: 102"||Beam: 102"||Beam: 102"||Beam: 102"||Beam: 102"||Beam: 102"||Beam: 102"||Beam: 116"|
|VISIT PAGE||VISIT PAGE||VISIT PAGE||VISIT PAGE||VISIT PAGE||VISIT PAGE||VISIT PAGE||VISIT PAGE||VISIT PAGE|
Factory Installed with Yamaha Performance
All Yamaha four strokes exceed Federal EPA 2006 emission requirements. The 50hp and up have earned a California C.A.R.B three-star rating.